Monday, July 31, 2006

The Best Of Both Worlds, part 6: Nigga Say What a.k.a. Say Wut
A more detailed examination of the music discussed in my Baltimore City Paper article about the crossover between Baltimore club music and hip hop.

Nigga Say What (also known as just Say Wut, for those of us who shouldn't really be saying/typing the first word of his name too much) is one of the younger cats on the Baltimore club scene that I interviewed for my article, although unfortunately all his quotes ended up on the cutting room floor. I feel bad about that, but it was really out of my hands, oh well. He's done some great club tracks the past couple years, though, like "Horn Theme" and "What You Want," sort of in that same wave of more aggressive club tracks like Blaq Starr, and he's been doing some hip hop production too. I looked around a little but it doesn't seem like he has a MySpace page or anything like that, correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT 8/1/06:
Say Wut's wife Crystal posted in the comments and put me up on the website of Say Wut's company Horsemen Entertainment, so check that out.

Nigga Say What - "Let's Go Rmx" (mp3)
Say What produced Huli Shallone's big current hit "Work It Good," which is basically a slowed down version of the beat from this club track. I don't have a copy of the Huli track, though, and Say What didn't even have a copy when I asked him about it. They're playing it all over 92Q these days, though.

Tay-Eazy - "Eazy" (mp3)
I posted another Tay-Eazy track in the Blaq Starr post, here's his big song that's on the radio.

A-ma-zon - "Handz Up" (mp3)
A-ma-zon is another one of those teenage rappers along with Young Leek and Tay-Eazy that K-Swift's Next Level management's got rhyming over club beats.

Also in this series:
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 1: The "Think" Break
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 2: Blaq Starr
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 3: Dukeyman
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 4: DJ Ron Rico
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 5: DJ Booman
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 7: Rod Lee
The Best Of Both Worlds, part 8: Debonair Samir

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Say Wut is my husband and he is co-owner of our company Horsemen Entertainment, LLC.

The website is www.horsemenent.net if anyone needs to contact him for tracks.

He has been doing the music thing for about 6 years now and has worked with a lot of local artist. He is also doing the DJ thing now too and is really good.

Thanks Al for letting the public know about his skillz:-)
 
Oh word? I didn't even know he was part of Da Horsemen, I like that "Bout It" joint from back in the day. Thanks for the info, Crystal, let Say What know that I'm sorry his part of my article got cut, and to keep me up on all your future projects and maybe I can get y'all some other coverage sometime.
 
Thanks Al. Yes he runs with Pork Chop, Big L and the rest of them. Years ago you could find them dancing at EVERY club in Baltimore:-) His name N. Say Wut was created by Da Horsemen.
 
Hey Al,

Say-Wut has a new Club CD out called Club Chronicles. You can find his CD on www.horsemenent.net or D&D Airbrushin @ Security Mall.
Horsemenent Entertainment's DJ Twikks & DJ Mic Marvelous will have their Hip Hop & Reggae CDs released soon.

Oh yeah, Say-Wut's Myspace page is
/saywutmusic
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?