Wednesday, September 19, 2007



The City Paper's biggest issue of the year, Best Of Baltimore 2007, is out this week, and I wrote more than twice as many blurbs than either previous year that I contributed to the issue (that was one rough deadline week, believe me). The blurbs I wrote and awards I had a hand in deciding are as follows:

Best Band Web Site: Karmella's Game
Best Singer/Songwriter: Lizz King
Best Male MC: Skarr Akbar
Best Female MC: Jade Fox
Best Hip-Hop DJ: DJ Vicious V
Best Club DJ: KW Griff
Best Club Music Producer: King Tutt
Best Beatmaker: One Up Entertainment
Best Summer Jam: "Chicken Box" by Silohette (which I posted recently)
Best Posse Cut: "I'm So Fly" Remix by Skarr Akbar featuring Bossman, D.O.G., Barnes, A-maz-on, Heavy Gold, and SK (another one I've posted)
Best Doomed Major Label Contract: A-maz-on
Best Music Radio Show: 92Q's Rap Attack
Best Place To Hear Hip-Hop: The (New Turntable Club)
Best New Club: Lo-Fi Social Club
Best Karaoke: Hip-Hop Karaoke at Latin Palace

I haven't had a chance to read through the rest of the issue yet, but obviously, you should pick up a copy for yourself or at least browse all over the site for all the interesting and right on and totally wrong awards I had nothing to do with. The party is on Thursday night and I've tried to contact every winner whose category I wrote to make sure they get their invitations, but there are still a couple of people that we never got an address to mail them to. If any of them still need ad invite, e-mail me ASAP and I'll let you know who to call. Congrats to everyone who won, hopefully I'll see you there.

(cover image by Kevin Sherry)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?