Sunday, September 21, 2008



DJ Big L - Operation: Pay Attention Vol. 2 (Harm Squad Entertainment/Club Kingz Records)

Supa DJ Big L spins Baltimore club on 92Q, and kinda came up as part of K-Swift's Club Queen Entertainment, although unfortunately he couldn't make it out to the interview I did with the other Club Queen folks a while back, so I haven't met dude. But I picked up this CD recently, although it's already about a year old, I'm not sure if it's a sequel to The Reality - Season 1 which I wrote about a couple years ago, or it's a follow-up to another release titled 'Pay Attention.' DJ Big L is also part of Harm Squad and Club Kingz, so he's tight with Rod Lee, and this CD is about half tracks from Rod, and it's cool to have some of the tracks he did after The Producer that haven't appeared on any of his own albums yet. It also features tracks by KW Griff, Say Wut, Blaq Starr, Chris J, and King Tutt, among others, and is available at both the Club Kingz Record Store on Park Ave., and at the Sound Garden.

Wax Musicians - "Here We Go" (mp3)
I have no idea who the Wax Musicians are, but I've been seeing their name on more and more Baltimore club mixes lately and really like their tracks, especially this one. I love how this track just takes one vocal sample, and runs it at 3 different speeds so that each has its own pitch and rhythm, and kinda turns that into a hook in and of itself.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?