Saturday, October 06, 2007



DJ Chris J. - Club Mix Vol. 21 (Baltimore Club Music Group)

Two years ago, I posted a review of a mix CD by DJ Chris J. and I guess he only saw it recently, and hit me up with an e-mail and we got to talking. He disagreed with what I said about his beatmatching on that mix, but there were no hard feelings, and we decided to do an interview for my September Club Beat column. He's been DJing a long long time and he's really coming up as a producer these days, I've posted his song "Good Foot" a.k.a. "The Aww Track" here before, and some of the new tracks he played me are really dope. He'd hoped to have his new mix CD done in time for our interview, but I guess he had some technical setbacks, and instead he gave me this, his last mix from about a year ago, and it's pretty dope. Lots of his own tracks, plus Rod Lee (who he's working with as part of Harm Squad and the upcoming Club Kings outlet store), Blaq Starr, King Tutt, and this new kid DJ Pierre that I gotta start looking out for. I know Dimensions In Music still has copies of this CD, and he should have new one out pretty soon, Check out Chris J. on MySpace, he's selling individual tracks on his page.

DJ Twikks - "Scheduled Program" (mp3)
A lot of my favorite modern Baltimore club tracks are these kinds, with the big anthemic synth horns. DJ Twikks has been killing it on a lot of mixtapes lately, especially K-Swift's, usually with Mike Marvelous, and this is one of their best recent tracks, which features a little vocal sample from an interlude on Jay-Z's Black Album.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
man been waiting for another nice post like this thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?