Wednesday, July 11, 2007



UnReal - Da F$$k Else U Want 4 Free (UnReality Ent.)

The last time I saw UnReal perform at the Turntable Club a couple months ago, he told me he was working on something big, and more recently he stopped by to drop of a copy of his new project. Apparently he's been kind of expanding his international audience, hooking up with DJs from France and shit, getting internet radio spins on "Making A Fool," and decided to put a free mixtape out on the internet to reach out to that audience. So you can click on a banner on his MySpace page and download the whole thing for free. And as I mentioned last week, he's got something happening with HipHopGame.com where he'll have ads and shit on their site, I guess soon, I don't see anything about him there yet. But I really think he's onto something, I respect the mixtape grind and actually going out and selling them, but giving that shit away for free seems like the way of the future right now. Ever since the DJ Drama raid, even the biggest DJs and artists are just giving new mixtapes away on the net, and while it's not really the same situation for unknown independent artists, I think we're gonna see more and more of that.

It's only 40 minutes long, and I don't rate it as highly as his last mixtape (which was, in my opinion, the 4th best Bmore hip hop CD of 2006), but like the title says, it's free, what the fuck do you expect. Aside from a handful of freestyles, there's a lot of good original beats by Akira, Me'Aze Millioni, and Top Secret (who did a lot of my favorite tracks on Dat Boyz A Problem). Anyway, the mixtape's free, so you can do download, and you should do that now, I think it might be just for a limited time only, but I'm gonna give you one track to preview first like I always do. I also really reccomend the track "It's Time" on his MySpace player.

UnReal - "Got 2" (mp3)
This is the last track, and at the beginning the host of the mixtape, DJ Vlad, does some shoutouts and my name in there, making this my 2nd mixtape shoutout to date that I know of, after this one. That's not why I'm posting this song, though, I'm posting it because it's one of my favorite tracks and it's produced by Akira The Great, who deservingly won the Great American Beatman Battle recently.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?