Wednesday, May 30, 2007



K-Swift The Club Queen - Jump Off Vol. 10: We Fly High Edition (Unruly Records/Next Level)

Let me say this right off the bat: I don't necessarily believe the payola accusations about K-Swift, and my attitude is basically that she should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. I personally hope she can prove her innocence, because she's done a lot of positive things for Baltimore music, and it'd be a shame if she did something unethical that could destroy all of that. I've always been a little uneasy with the way she's unapologetically promoted her label's rappers on her radio show, but she still plays dope club music by most of the best Baltimore club producers, instead of ignoring them and only playing tracks by teenage producers who aren't as talented or something. So I'm gonna keep writing about her club music mixes, and I hope these posts don't get too bogged down in that negativity and controversy down in the comments section or on hoax websites.

This CD's been out since March, but I just copped it recently, in fact she's actually already got the next one dropping in June. The mix is really heavy on Rod Lee tracks, some from his latest album The Producer, but some seem to be newer than that, because I've never heard "Can I Rock" before. It's also got Booman's remix of "We Fly High" by Jim Jones on here, of course. Only one Blaq Starr cut, "In The Air," but a lot of the usual K-Swift staples like NSW and Tigga.

King Tutt - "Trying To See Me" (mp3)
King Tutt's really been one of my favorite club producers lately, I think he's kinda young but he does a lot of stuff with Scottie B. and Unruly. I don't know where the vocal sample on this track is from but I love this track.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?