Friday, July 07, 2006




I'd been hearing from various artists and producers around town for the last couple months that MTV had been here interviewing people and shooting footage at the Believe Tour, and finally MTV's You Hear It First: Young Leek and the Baltimore scene (cached here) has started airing this weekend (usually during the last 10 minutes of every hour). I just caught some of it but haven't seen the whole segment yet. It's mainly about Young Leek but they also talk to K-Swift and Bossman and Debonair Samir and Shawn Ceaser and play tracks by Blaq Starr and Rod Lee in the piece. Supposedly there's talk about doing a My Block: Baltimore too.

Supposedly you can view the piece on the MTV Overdrive site, but it's Windows-only and I can't get to it on my Mac. If anybody can record the MTV segment and maybe upload it to YouTube or some other site like that, please let me know, that would be awesome. Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled to MTV for the next few days. I know some of y'all are gonna be mad that Bmore's finally getting some shine on MTV and the focus is primarily on a kid who's from New Jersey and just started making records in the past year, but like I said before, I support the whole Stay Gettin' movement, and I'm just happy to see any of this happening. Obviously, if they asked me what the show should be about, I'd do it completely differently and showcase a lot more artists, but whatever, I can't complain, this can only lead to bigger and better things.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
that what i was hopein 4....
 
That's whats up- Kenneth
 
Rumor has it Young Leek got dropped from Def Jam, FYI. Weird timing on this MTV piece.
 
that not true man...is was just taped and bmore a couple of week ago...
 
Like I said, it's just a rumor. People on that board occasionally have an idea of what they're talking about, though. If it's not true, great.
 
Yeah, you never know with rumors, although it's always interesting to see what people are talking about on the Velvet Rope. I know the guys who run the label that Leek is signed through, and last I talked to them was shortly before that thread was started and things seemed to be rolling forward pretty well, but who knows. Unless rumors persist I probably won't dignify them by bothering to ask.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?