Wednesday, July 21, 2010



On this day in 2008, Khia "K-Swift" Edgerton, the Baltimore club queen, passed away. One of the biggest challenges I'm facing as I write Tough Breaks: The Story of Baltimore Club Music is to tell her part of the story, and of the era of club music which she dominated and in many ways defined, without her being around to give her own perspective. Hopefully I'll get a lot of help. In the meantime, if you'd like to read about her life and career, you can read the obituary I wrote the week of her death, and the group interview with Club Queen Entertainment that I conducted a couple weeks later, both for the Baltimore City Paper.

(photo by Josh Sisk)

Labels: ,


Comments:
R.I.P Lil Sis!!!!
 
"...even GOD need a DJ in the sky" (c) Bo$$man
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?