Thursday, February 04, 2010



Here's Comp's video for the Police-sampling "Her Friends," from his excellent 2009 album The Man With The Hand, directed by Gearie "The Grench" Bowman of Sleepin Giant Media. And I hate to sound like a broken record, because it's a dope video for an alright track, but I'm still shaking my head when artists spend that kind of money on a slick video to promote a song with a sample they wouldn't possibly be able to afford to clear if the song ever became a serious hit. You need Puff Daddy money to pay Sting's publishing fee, y'all. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Baltimore needs to stop hustling backwards.

In related news, another Grench-directed video, DJ Quicksilva's "Where They Do That At," started getting played on MTV Jams last week, which is as far as I know the first time a Sleepin Giant video has gotten on national TV (and of course the video is full of Bmore cameos). So congrats to them, I knew back when I wrote an article on Sleepin Giant back in '08 that it was just a matter of time.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?