Friday, December 12, 2008



The Baltimore City Paper's annual top ten issue is out this week, and I voted in a few of the lists. In The Year In Local Music, I wrote the blurbs for the albums by the 410 Pharaohs and E Major. I also voted in The Year In Music and The Year In Film, although I didn't blurb anything and just a few things I voted for got into the lists (Erykah Badu in the former, and The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Tropic Thunder in the latter). The album ballots are up on the website, although my 'final' top 10 albums will look different from what I voted for in November. Also over on the CP website we did a top ten of the best concerts of the year, and my 2 picks for the list were Soul Cannon/Grand Buffet/J-Roddy Walston and The Business @ The Ottobar and Teop/Comp/Mullyman/Skarr Akbar/Little Clayway/Huli Shallone/Heavy Gold/1st Family/SL Danga/Al Great @ Sonar, and there were some other good picks there (My Crew Be Unruly @ Paradox, Whartscape @ the Charles, etc.).

(illustration by Paige Shuttleworth)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?