Sunday, October 12, 2008

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
If anyone goes, ask Booman who introduced them before they started the Dew Doo Kidz. Someone's taking MAD credit for them getting together. Maybe too much credit.
 
It never ceases to amaze me what kind of random little things people feud over in the Baltimore club scene. Check out this cat posting anonymously and tiptoeing around the subject and not naming names about who INTRODUCED someone to someone else, like if they come out and say whatever they're getting at it'll be World War III. It sounds like something George Costanza would get upset about.
 
Sheesh, Al. How about instead of mud-slinging, you go ask the Dew Doo Kidz how shit went down back in the day, and share it with the circle?

A lot of musicians in this town look to you as a definitive source of recognition, a respectful benchmarking of their progress in the industry. I would usually agree... and then this?

I'm not saying you don't take that seriously; instead, you seem to provide a [mostly] objective ticker of the Baltimore scene. You have access where others do not. So, you can take it personally that not everyone you post about gets along, or you can settle some history right here.
 
I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate you kinda being straight with me. But at the same time, you're posting anonymously in a public forum, and you're dropping oblique hints about something I don't even know about. Who took credit for getting the Dew Doo Kidz together? Who really did that was disrespected by omission? If there was some big interview somewhere all about that, I'm sorry I missed it. If someone would like me to use my position to straighten out a misunderstanding in the public, they can contact me directly, I'm not following breadcrumbs from someone who, from all appearances, would like to just use my site to stir up controversy without revealing who they are or saying anything substantive. I could call up Booman or Jimmy Jones right now and ask them, but I have no idea what I'd even be saying! "A little birdie told me someone got you guys together back in the day and then someone else said it was them"!? If whoever you are contacted me in private and wanted to explain this to me, great, but you'll excuse me if I'm not immediately seeing an opportunity to correct a grave injustice and write a scathing expose based on what's been stated here in the vaguest possible terms.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?