Friday, July 04, 2008



Skarr Akbar - "Da Bizness (live at Sonar 6/26/08)" (mp3)
Skarr Akbar - "Would U (live at Sonar 6/26/08)" (mp3)
I reviewed the Teop release party at Sonar last week for Noise, and it's my first show review on there that I actually took pictures for myself, now that I have a camera I'm going to try and do that more often. So here's another exclusive photo from the show, and some exclusive audio courtesy of Jeff Mewbourn, the Baltimore Taper, two tracks from Skarr's set. "Da Bizness" is one of my all time favorites, and for some reason the song always sounds best live, with that big snare drum sound clipping and sounding sick as hell. And "Would U" is the song that 92Q has been playing the hell out of lately. It's interesting that "Would U" (with Donny Green on the studio version) is kind of becoming a breakthrough hit for Skarr right now, because it's actually a real old track that was on Skarr's 2005 mixtape Da Lobotomy.

(photo by Al Shipley)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?