Sunday, January 15, 2006



Skarr Akbar - Da Lobotomy: The General, Pt. 3 (hosted by DJ Radio)

Skarr first told me that this mixtape was out back in October but I didn't finally get it from him until Tha Plague's release party last month. Da Beautiful Mind is still on the way, and a lot of the tracks on the mixtape are things that didn't fit on the album, so there's a lot of original songs, not too heavy on just freestyles.

Skarr Akbar - "Barz & Beatz (South)" (mp3)
There's also one of these over all East coast beats, but I like this one more because Skarr doesn't spit over Southern beats real often, 7 straight minutes of switching from beat to beat. He did the first few beats, "I'm A King," etc., at Fresh Fest a couple weeks ago.

The Arabz - "Underground Awards" skit / "Alright" (mp3)
They put a short skit at the beginning of this track, but the actual song, "Alright," is fire, crazy epic buzzing wailing beat by G. Baggz and a couple different people on the verses. I think the Arabz have a mixtape or two of their own out, I need to pick one of those up.

(photo by Jefferson Jackson Steele)

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Yo this is Kenneth from DC. I've been checking out the boy Skarr Akbar for awhile when is album is dropping?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?