Sunday, February 24, 2008



K-Swift The Club Queen - Strictly For The Kids 2 (Unruly Records)

I've always liked the fact that K-Swift sometimes does these Baltimore club mixes aimed specifically at kids and for their parents to buy, with all the swears cleaned up and everything. Baltimore club is sometimes as explicit as hip hop, and K-Swift probably has a younger fanbase than any other DJ in the club music, and she has to have clean versions of songs to play on the radio anyway, so I think it's a really good decision to make this kind of thing available. K-Swift has actually released a couple mixtapes in the Jump Off series since this one dropped last year, I need to catch up on them but I'm still jamming to this. This one features a lot of great tracks from '07 by Say Wut, Blaq Starr, K.W. Griff and more, and K-Swift now has a online club music store where you can buy this, among other recent CDs.

Rod Lee - "Change Positions" (mp3)
This song is great, I included in my list of the top 10 Baltimore club tracks of 2007, but I think it's kinda funny that K-Swift included it on this mix. Even without any swears it's pretty obvious that the voice on the track is talking about sexual positions, y'know? Rod Lee's dropping a new album in March, I'm looking forward to that.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Could you please somehow renew the link for change positions? Such a great track, have been trying to find it for ages and all I got is a broken link here ;(

Thanks in advance!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?