Monday, August 27, 2007



A-maz-on - Da Newest Kid on the Block: Freshman 101 (Next Level/K Money)

One of my reviews in the City Paper a couple weeks ago was of A-maz-on, one of those young kids that K-Swift signed to her Next Level label and played all over the radio, and he was recently signed to Interscope. Like I said in the review, I'm not that crazy about the mixtape, it's real heavy on freestyles. But it does have "Pose 4 Da Camera" and "Crush Em All," if you listen to 92Q you know those songs. I do respect that he shouts out a lot of good rappers (Skarr, Comp, Bossman, Heavy Gold, Barnes, Tyree Colion, TestMe, Mullyman) on the outro, though.

A-maz-on f/ Say-Wut - "Throw It Up" (mp3)
Continuing with my theme of tracks that feature Baltimore club producers rapping with that Blaq Starr post the other day, this is a freestyle over "Walk It Out" and Say-Wut kinda kills A-maz-on on this, I didn't even know he could really rap like that. The really annoying "ayyy" sound that I talk about in my review that A-maz-on makes about 50 times on the mixtape is right at the beginning of this song, if you're wondering what I'm talking about.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?