Thursday, August 09, 2007



Ab-Rock - Best of Ab-Rock: Rockmics Volume 1 (Rockmics Entertainment)

I think the first time I heard Ab-Rock was either at Style Warz, or on Breaking Ground Vol. 1, and since then I've heard him on a few more projects and seen him perform a couple times. Two months ago I saw him at the Turntable Club and bought this mixtape, which is kind of a preview of his album, The Mid Midlife Crisis, which is due out later this year. It's a fairly short CD and has a lot of snippets of cuts from the album, along with a few freestyles and full-length songs, but it's a good taste of his style, which is kinda laid back and conscious, kinda reminds me of Talib Kweli with a deeper voice. AB-Rock is celebrating his birthday at Gardel's this Friday, check the flyer above.

Ab-Rock - "Best Legit" (mp3)
I like this track, and that line "I make music when I pass gas" is hilarious. He shouts out Ms. Tris Beats at the end so I guess she produced it. It was her birthday this week too!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?