Monday, December 04, 2006



Finacy - Napoleon Complex (Infinite Legacy)

A few months ago at Sonar, Kelly Connelly introduced me to this dude, Finacy, who I'd previously heard on a Top Of The World Records compilation (where he was credited as Finney), and he gave me a copy of his solo album. Kariz from TOTW produces several tracks, and Swan Grace appears on two songs, but it's on a different label. For a while I couldn't figure out who Finney's voice reminds me of, but I just decided that it's Shawn Jay from Field Mob, who sounds really similiar when his voice gets kinda raspy and hoarse. Sometimes he reminds me a little of Peedi Crakk, too. The production, mostly by Lace, is really good and consistent, probably my favorite thing about the album.

Finacy - "++" (mp3)
This is the sort of untitled bonus track at the end of the CD, but it's really got a nice personal vibe, good way to finish the album.

Finacy f/ Kariz - "Son On My Side" (mp3)
This track orginally appeared on The Grand Opening and it sounds pretty good in the context of this album too.

Labels: ,


Comments:
We saw him perform at the Poole Palace in Atlanta and thought he was someone signed to a major label. His presence and his people were so professional and welcomed conversation from us. Autographed some pictures, took pictures with us etc. He is doing good things. I will definitely follow him. I like the flow and order of the songs and definitely the personal touch. Great observation on the writers part. Keep us happy.
 
This dude is every where I aint even know he was in Baltimore Like that. I though He was a DC Dude When I gave him my email and shit.. I'm diggin spit real shit.
 
Big Up Finney you my N*gg@ for sticking with it like dry Cum LOL baby
1 Luv
 
Hey, i heard this guy when i was home for thanksgiving. one of my sisters told he was going to be in texas for our spring break. good luck cause we a wild bunch. florida aint got nothing on us. come and check out the gatbsy girls when you get ther. we will make sure you have a good ole gatsby time.
we luv your songs.
jaylyn^16downlow
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?