Monday, February 13, 2006



Top Of The World Records - The Grand Opening

This here is a label comp showcasing the roster of Top Of The World Records: Amadaye, Swan Grace, Black and Gutz [A.K.], Diano, IB, Finney, and Kariz. Amadaye's been featured on Street Radio and On Da Grind mixtapes, and I got a preview of a few tracks from his album, Ghetto Soul, which is coming out later this year. Swan's performing at 5 Seasons on March 2nd. Check out their MySpace page for more info and audio.

Amadaye - "Field Of Dreams" (mp3)
Amadaye's voice reminds me of someone, I think it's T3 from Slum Village. I like some of the jazzy beats on here, sax loops and stuff, I kind of get an old school backpacker vibe off of some of it.

Black and Gutz [A.K.] - "Fight Klub" (mp3)
This might be the song I'm feeling the most on the CD, the beat's just got this forward momentum to it, it's hot. And I like the way they keep switching off back and forth between the 2 MCs.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I been checking out Amadaye for a minute they are tight. I already got the Wire mixtape vol.1! I can't for the album.
 
the Amadaye beat is 'Tinseltown To The Boogiedown (Ali Shaheed Muhammad Variation)' by Scritti Politti.
 
They didnt change anything, its the same beat. I think it was probably Mos Def that was boring and the original scritti politti beat. I remeber that I used to listen to the instrumental when it came out, I have always like this beat alot.
 
Yeah I am a definate fan of TOP of the World.. Im not saying it because i am cool with them.. but musically they are a very good record label that i can actually see doing BIG things.. Thanks al for doing a write up on these catz.. they most definately deserve it
 
There's one song I'm feeling from the camp is Think of You! Just fire!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?