Monday, July 17, 2006



Born King aka Killa Fifth is a Bmore MC that I started hearing about a few months ago from Bosslady, when she gave me a CD of his, which she said didn't really have any title and was just "the Born King street album." He's also got a compilation of older material called The Calm Before The Storm. A couple months ago, I posted his song "Blue Lights" from Bosslady's Baltimore State of Grind compilation, and C Love also wrote a post about him and that song. At the time, there was talk about him dropping a new album called Bornified King, but now on Born King's MySpace page, it looks like his forthcoming album is called Krad Edis (which is "dark side" backwards), and he's got a new label called Mad Thinkah Productions, so I don't know if he's still with Bosslady's H-O-P Records or what. Anyway, here's some tracks from the street album I got a few months ago.

Born King - "Baltimore Stand Up" (mp3)
This song was also on the Baltimore State Of Grind CD, and it's a banger.

Born King - "That's What The Future Holds" (mp3)
He does a lot of kind of somber, kind of conscious joints, and this is definitely my favorite of those, that bassline is hot.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
HEY AL, GOOD LOOK ON THE POST. BORNKING HAS ALWAYS HAD HIS OWN COMPANY. FOR THE RECORD HE IS NO LONGER WORKING WITH H-O-P RECORDS. I WAS TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM ARTIST MANAGEMENT AND FOCUS ON SOME OTHER PROJECTS THAT WERE ON THE BACK BURNER. I WAS MORE OF HIS PROMOTER, SO I WILL TAKE THE CREDIT FOR HIS EXPOSURE. I WISH HIM WELL.

THANKS AL FOR ALL THE LOVE YOU SHOW MYSELF AND OTHERS. I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.
 
Thanks for the links. There are a lot of bay area street artists who give me their shit all the time, and it's usually really good. I think that Born King's graff logo is pretty bad though. I'll hit him up about it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?