Saturday, January 08, 2005



paul wall and chamillionaire - here i am / true ft. lil flip / still n love wit my money (listen here) -- despite what cham told me, i think controversy sells is going to turn out a lot hotter than you might expect. even if it is an opportunistic cash-in, this is important and blazing fucking hot. they remake those get ya mind correct beats, tinny and clean and the perfect match for how cham and paul were spitting back then, making your entire world sound tarred and feathered with candy paint and princess cuts. cham sounds like the billion dollar rapper again, riding those beats with triumphant flow, the almighty king koopa, "i officially claim myself the rap king of the south / they say i'm the greatest of all time / and i say WHO? and they say YOU / and i say, nah, give that title to the late and great dj screw." and paul sounding as cold as he'll ever sound, coming with his slow, smirking punchlines about everything that's good in the world.

Comments:
I'm surprised PW is supporting any of this shit, as far as I know both him and cham got janked by paid in full but it does sound like cham got it worse.

I finally came up on that They Don't Know 12" paid in full dropped, I tried getting it directly but those cocksmokes have thumbs up their ass.

anyways, this shit definitly sounds better than expected, that still in love with my money beat sounds like some crime mob shit.
 
From what I've heard, Chamillionaire's verses are going to be the only ones kept the same. P. Wall is redoing his verses as you can tell. He's using his current style, which is a huge disappointment. I was looking forward to the new album just for P's old style. Guess I'll just go pop in the classic Starvin Marvin.
 
Nice find dk.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?