Friday, July 23, 2010



Spita - The Fire

Spita is a kinda new cat that I posted a single by last year, and I was really intrigued by his sound at the time. So it was exciting to finally hear his album, which is out now on iTunes. His producer calls himself Different Sound Productions, and to his credit the beats on here really are something a little unique. Kinda reminds of what southern hip hop used to be the pre-crunk era, the kinda funky detailed Organized Noize-type production, and Spita himself has a style that's a throwback in a similar way, a little melodic and sing song but more like Chamillionaire or Nelly than like a AutoTune R&B rapper you hear on the radio these days. It's a short, concise album, I can't say I love every song but it holds together pretty well, looking forward to hearing more from this guy.

Spita - "B.M.F." (mp3)
At first I thought maybe this was gonna be another Rick Ross freestyle, but it's just a whole different original song (the title stands for "bad motherfucker"), and it's really dope, probably my favorite cut on the album.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?