Monday, April 19, 2010



KG - The Voice Of Da Streetz (B.O.E.)

KG is one artist that I've seen live and heard on various mixtapes enough to know he's really grinding and making his presence known, but I haven't really actually heard much of his music, so out of respect for his grind I checked this out on AllBmoreHipHop.com. I gotta say, though, I'm kinda filing it alongside a lot of Baltimore street rap these days as being kinda generic and sounding like it could've come from anywhere (whereas 3-5 years ago I really feel like the artists in this lane usually sounded distinctly Baltimore, or at least not like fake ATL). Plus his voice is kind of annoying, not quite in Dre Babes territory but getting there. I still like this more than a lot of the other mixtapes I've heard in this style lately, though, mainly because it's more of a 'street album' with mostly original beats. 100 Grandman guests on a song and Skarr Akbar did the artwork.

KG - "Fly Guy" (mp3)
This song is kind of on the generic swag rap tip that I'm not crazy about, but the beat by D. Banks is really killer and is what makes this sound like an actual potential hit.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?