Sunday, August 30, 2009



Born King - Phat Laces (Mad Thinkah Productions)

The latest from the always prolific Born King is a little different from his last few, as you might guess from the old school-themed artwork. It's a little less dark and impenetrable, a little more stripped down and accessible, beats not quite as weird and lyrics not as arcane, and while I appreciate hearing him in a different context, I think I do like hearing him do the stuff that makes him more unique. His brother, Singodsuperior, did all the beats, and I'm liking his production style. This is the 2nd time BK has dropped an album on June 8th and he says it'll be the last Born King album, and that he'll drop one more album under his Killa Fifth alias called Rise of the Lightkenz later this year, the 3rd he'll have dropped an album on October 31st. I'm sure he'll still be making music in some capacity even if he stops making solo albums, though, so I don't look at this as a 'retirement' at all. You can download the album at Articulate's site, and physical CDs are being sold at the Sound Garden.

Born King - "Final Call" (mp3)
This is the last song on the album and one of my favorites.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?