Wednesday, March 05, 2008



various artists - Heaven On Earth Vol. 1 (True Balance Ent.)

There's a young dude named Joe that I've gotten e-mails from now and then in the past couple years of doing this site, and he's sent me some good links that I've posted from time to time. I've seen him at a few shows lately, and a while back he gave me this CD put together by his company True Balance Ent., which appears to be a studio, a label, and a crew all at once. It looks like the studio is their main business, their MySpace page even has PayPal links for studio time, which I think is kind of creative, I've never seen that before. Some of their artists performed at the Bmore Luv Festival last year but I think I got there after they hit the stage. This mixtape is I guess kind of a sampler of the work that's been done in their studio, a lot of different kinds of artists and no one consistent sound, although there's definitely a core of MCs who show up repeatedly, including DLO, who's on almost half of the tracks, and Kaboul, Chase and KoJo, who's from Annapolis and is also affiliated with Deep Flow. There's also solo tracks by B.O.M.B. and Raheem Devaughn. Check out TBE's videos on YouTube.

DLO, Chase, Ren & KoJo - "Fresha" (mp3)
I like the way the one dude says "sheeeeeit" on the hook like Clay Davis. The beat is real cold, too. KoJo's new mixtape/DVD is good, I should write abotu that sometime soon.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?