Saturday, March 08, 2008



Blaq Starr, Ogun and Hots - "Repitition" (mp3)
I see Ogun out at shows all the time, but this week I just ended up hearing a lot of new music from him. The Fader blog posted "Money Talk," one of the singles from the Darkroom Productions album dropping in May that posted about recently, and it's a fucking banger. Ogun himself e-mailed me this new track with Blaq Starr and Hots, which is a pretty interesting lineup, I've never heard any of these 3 guys on a song together and I don't think I would've expected it until I heard it. I like it, though, not Baltimore club at all but more in the same vibe as the slower hip hop beats on Blaq Starr's last couple mixtapes like "Swagga Back," and it's nice to hear some different kinds of rappers over his beats instead of the usual Next Level kids. And there's also several new tracks on Ogun's MySpace, including a couple I've seen him perform live lately ("It's Alright" and the "Flashing Lights" freestyle with Rockwell) and a couple that are new to me ("Best Alive" and "Ride" with XO and Rockwell). I believe Ogun has said he's doing to drop another mixtape and a new album this year, and I hope that's true, because his new material is sounding pretty damn good.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?