Sunday, January 27, 2008



Lil D - Mixtape Vol. 1 (Reina Williams Productions)

A while back at the Turntable Club I saw a performance by Reina Williams, a female MC/producer who left a big impression on me, and I put her on my most anticipated of 2008 list. At the show, she was giving out CD's by an artist on her label, Lil D. I don't know how old Lil D is, I think he says on one song that he's 17 but he sounds even younger, kinda reminds me Lil Boosie, that kinda high, screechy voice. This mixtape is alright, mostly freestyles over big radio songs, and then a few tracks at the end produced by Reina Williams. Reina is a lesbian and part of the LGBT hip hop community, so it's weird that Lil D says a bunch of "faggot" this and "faggot" that type bullshit on one song. Lil D and Reina Williams are performing this Monday at Hip Hop 101 at 5 Seasons.

Lil D f/ Reina Williams - "We So Fly" (mp3)
This is one of the 4 songs at the end of the mixtape produced by Reina, I wish there were more original songs on here, good shit.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?