Sunday, March 02, 2008



Skarr Akbar - The Epidemic (DNA/Akbar Enterprize/U-Turn Ent./Round Table Music Group)

Skarr Akbar has such an insane work ethic that I can't even keep up with him. A while back he gave me a couple of his new mixtapes (this one and Suicide Sunday), but over on his MySpace page I see covers for at least 5 other mixtapes that I haven't heard yet from the past year or so (I Am Baltimore's Legend, When All Else Fails, Gifted, The Warning Shot Part 2 and the Arabz' Sick Season). I rep for Skarr on this site a lot, but I can't think of anyone around who works harder at their music than him, and only a few whose quality is on his level, the dude is just sick. The majority of Skarr's mixtapes have always been with DJ Radio, but this is the first one I've ever seen him do with DNA, I think it's cool that they're linking up. Really every mixtape DJ in Baltimore should do a CD with Skarr, he definitely has enough material to do that. This is one of the best Skarr mixtapes I've ever heard, too, really more of a 'street album' with a lot of original production, guest appearances by Ogun, Bossman, Hots, TestMe, Cheri Dennis and others. Last couple times I talked to Skarr he said he wants to put together a band and was asking me if I knew any musicians. I haven't been able to think of anyone that would fit with him, though, if someone out there has any ideas you should get at him.

Skarr Akbar - "Empty Spaces" (mp3)
I like the Queen sample on here, nice dramatic way to end the CD.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?