Saturday, December 08, 2007



Nik Stylz - Love Me Or Hate Me (Major League Unlimited)

If you're familiar with Nik Stylz, you probably know her as Mullyman's sister, and an artist on his label MLU. She's a dope MC, and actually won the battles on 92Q back in the day around the same time that Mully was a champ on there, and she can sing, too. When I interviewed her over the summer for my Ladies First article, she said she's working on a double album tentatively titled Believe In Me that'll be one disc hip hop, one disc R&B. But one thing I didn't realize before she told me was that she actually dropped her first album Love Me Or Hate Me back in '06, and it's a pretty good album. I don't know how I missed it at the time, but I ended up finding it on the iTunes store. I don't know when her next album is dropping, but she's got a video for the single "Cut My Check" up on YouTube.

Nik Stylz - "My Big Brother" (mp3)
This song came out over a year before Kanye's "Big Brother," but it's really pretty much the same vibe and concept, except it's about Nik's actual big brother, Mullyman. It's a really honest, heartfelt song but it's not really slow and sentimental either, it really bangs and it one of the hottest songs on the album.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?