Saturday, October 13, 2007



South Paw Entertainment presents Never Saw Us Coming (DNA/South Paw Entertainment)

South Paw Entertainment is a label comprised of almost a dozen MCs and a couple producers who released a self-titled album in 2005. I hadn't heard a whole lot of music out of their camp since then, but they definitely make their presence felt at shows here and there. Over the Summer at the Making The Right Moves Conference, I was on a panel with the main dude behind the South Paw label, I forget his name, but I talked to him a little bit and he gave me their latest CD, a mixtape with DNA that I think came out in '06. I hope some of the groups and solo artists on the label release projects too, though, it'd be good to hear how they stand up on their own.

Kadar & Gamin - "Whispers" (mp3)
Kadar's group Lost Soulz seems to grind hardest out of all the artists on South Paw and do the most shows, and Kadar really puts in his work on this mixtape and appears on almost half the songs. I like the beat on this song, it's really unique and not really like anything else I've heard before.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?