Thursday, September 13, 2007



The Tao of Slick presents Jazz Hall: The Epitome Of Epiphany (Ankh Ba Records)

A few weeks ago I dropped by the City Paper office and one of my editors gave me a couple copies of new albums from Labtekwon's Ankh Ba label that had just come in, which are now on sale at local stores like the Sound Garden, and also available on iTunes. Both are kind of groups featuring Lab rather than solo joints, and I haven't listened to the other one, CSD, yet, but I really like this one. The Tao Of Slick is a jazz-themed project with beats by Thur Deephrey, sung vocals by Hazel Black, and rapped vocals by Lab, under the alias Piankhi 7. I saw them perform at Eden's Lounge a while back and reviewed it for Noise, good show.

The Tao Of Slick - "Cosmic Lullaby" (mp3)
This song really just has the illest loop on the album, in my opinion, it really kinda hops along in a weird rhythm.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?