Wednesday, August 29, 2007



Major League Unlimited - Industry Invasion: The Street Album (Major League Unlimited)

One of my recent City Paper reviews was for the new compilation from Mullyman's label. MLU's got a good roster right now, even without Sonny Brown, now they've got Nik Stylz and Lady D and Hollywood Black and Verb from Dirty Hartz. The really crazy thing about this album, though, might be the production lineup, which includes Debonair Samir, B-Ill, Darkroom Productions and Jay Funk, among others. This album is out now in Record & Tape Traders (I found my copy in the Towson store, in the local music section under M).

I saw some MySpace bulletins from Mully recently that said he's shooting a video for "I'm Good There" on I think September 1st and 8th, no idea where, but I guess that might be a serious event. That song's on the CD, I've posted it (and the Baltimore club remix) here before, and it's apparently going to be in season 5 of The Wire, just like a bunch of his songs were in season 4. Mully's also been saying lately that he's banned from the radio on 92Q, I don't know if he literally means they blacklisted him or if he's just salty about them not playing any of his recent singles, but his career seems to be doing pretty well without their support, and I think he's getting spins down in D.C. on 95.5 WPGC anyway.

Comp, Verb and Mullyman - "I'm The Shit" (mp3)
I first heard this song on Comp's last mixtape and it's a real nice posse cut, with a beat produced by Comp himself. I'm real excited about Verb being an artist on Major League now, that's a good team for him and I've been hoping he would do a solo project. I wonder if that means Dirty Hartz is still going as a group or not, though.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?