Saturday, June 09, 2007
OK fam, here it goes:
You've made it through another week (give thanks), and your weekend was good--real good. Now it's Sunday and you need to wind down. What betta way than to come chill at Baltimore's only upscale supper club and the hottest venue in town, Gardel's. Introducing FUSION SUNDAYS, presented by Mic Life Magazine. Where jazz and poetry meet. Baltimore finally has a Love Jones Joint!
Here's what you get every second Sunday.
1. The ultra lounge plush setting of Gardel's 3rd Floor
2. Hot Jazz and Neo Soul by the LLQ http://www.myspace.com/thelionellylesquintet (hottest band in the area, I though u knew)
3. Hosted by the flyest Ph.D to ever earn the degree, Baltimore's own queen of "spoken soul," the internationally know and locally respected, Jahipster!! http://www.myspace.com/jahipster
4. Featuring the hottest poets on the east coast (This Month: Beny Blaq & Blufirefly) backed by the LLQ (Lionel Lyles Quintet)
5. Brief open mic (30 minutes of fiyah), so get there early and get on!
6. South American inspired cuisine by Chef Chad Wells
7. Mic Life Magazine, definitely in the building!
When: Every Second Sunday beginning June 10, 2007
Where: Gardel's Supper Club, 29 S. Front Street, Baltimore, MD
Time: 6pm - 10pm (we know you gotta work on Monday)
Cost: $7 before 7:00pm - $10 after
Contact: 443-846-6508 for more information.
* One drink minimum. Must be 21 and older to drink alcoholic beverages.
Myspace friends who contact us via this site and display our image as their icon, get in for $5. We will have laptop at the door.