Sunday, June 17, 2007



Maryae - ForeFront (Breakfast Club)

I don't know if people who read this site regularly don't really check for the artists they haven't already heard of, but don't front on this cat. Maryae (pronounced like mar-yay) is from Pioneer City, and recently his people reached out to me to let me hear his album (I think you can download the whole thing through a link on here). Apparently he's a producer, too, and if he did all the tracks on here than this dude is really talented. I think the story is that this album was done a while ago but they never really released it, and are now trying to build up his momentum for a new album. But the rhymes are solid and the beats are killer, don't sleep on this. Check out Maryae and Breakfast Club on MySpace.

Maryae - "Look" (mp3)
This shit is just funky, I love how he flipped that sample.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I downloaded the album but the tracks have no names. Do you happen to know the track listing for the album?

Thanks!

PS: Your blog is very good. I'm always checking it. I'm from Brazil and I like very much the Baltimore Club stuff. I wish the djs down here played more of this kind of music.
I also have a blog and I posted something on Baltimore Club already. If you wanna take a look, it's here: http://fidedigno.wordpress.com
It's in portuguese, so I guess you won't understand nothing, but just to let you know about it.
It's a shame that people here isn't that aware of all the things that are happening in Baltimore. Because I think it has some similarities with our carioca funk. I guess a party combining the two styles would work pretty well.
Thanks a lot for all the material you post on Government Names.
 
Yeah, I had to ask Maryae's people for a tracklist to the album, this is what they sent me:

1. Intro
2. How to Act
3. Look
4. One
5. On My Job
6. Hate Feat. Spazz
7. Smile
8. Realize
9. Street Music
10. What Should I Do
11. Bring Back Memories Feat. Prestige
12. It's All Love
13. Chemistry
14. Blood Sweat-n-Tears Feat. Spazz
15. Losin My Head
16. Sun Gon' Shine
17. ForeFront Feat. Spazz and B'9z

I've never really listened to that carioca/baille stuff, but it seems to be popular with same kinds of New York/Philly DJs that play Baltimore club, so I think that people have picked up on whatever those 2 genres have in common.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?