Wednesday, May 02, 2007



The Weak - Painful EP

The Weak are a pair of rappers from Upper Marlboro, MD that I saw open for For The People Entertainment at a show at Sonar a few weeks ago, and they really stuck out from all the other acts on the bill and impressed me. They just came off as really low-key cats on the Native Tongues tip, not wearing anything flashy or acting out with a lot of bravado, but the music and especially the beats are dope. This is a 4-song CD that there were copies of sitting around at the show so I had to snap one up. The last track was kind of surprising to me because they rock a sample of Nirvana's "Rape Me," although it's not really one of my favorite songs.

The Weak - "Ugly" (mp3)
This is my favorite beat on here, I really wanna know who does their production, like if it's a member of the group or just assorted other producers.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?