Saturday, December 02, 2006

as heard on The Wire: part 4



The other day I posted A rough guide to the connections between HBO's The Wire and Baltimore hip hop and a flyer for Mullyman's video shoot for a song featured on The Wire, so I'm gonna do the 3rd Wire-related post in a row here with a song featured in episode 49, airing tomorrow night at 10:

Diablo - "Round My Hood" (mp3)
Diablo's single "Jail Flick" was featured in another episode earlier this season, and this here is another Darkroom-produced track off the forthcoming Hamsterdam 2 (and Diablo's album Shop Closed) that they leaked to me to premiere on here back in March. I kind of love the fact that some of the music on The Wire was never publically available anywhere other than this site before being featured on the show, which means I get to fantasize that Namond or whoever reads Government Names and downloaded the song off here when they were listening to it on the show.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?