Wednesday, August 09, 2006



Skarr Akbar - The Cerebellum: General Part Four (DJ Radio/Streetsweepers/Akbar Enterprize)

I've got a review of 3 of Skarr's recent mixtapes coming up in the City Paper probably next week, so I won't say too much about this one right now. But it's been out a couple months already, and it's one of my favorite Skarr tapes to date (and I've heard a lot of them). There's appearances by the Arabz, and the Yung Huslas, and it comes with a disc of the trailer for his next DVD, The Understanding Part 2. Check out Skarr's MySpace for more info.

Skarr Akbar - "Freestyle" (mp3)
The "Think" break strikes again! I wonder what that beat is from, though. It sounds kinda like that Barnes "Jigglin' Shorty" record but not quite the same.

Skarr Akbar f/ Los and Drop - "Load The Clipz" (mp3)
From what Skarr says on the intro, it sounds like he's back with Da Bloc Inc., and there's a couple tracks on here with the triangle offense back together. I guess Los is still tight with them even after signing to Bad Boy, so that's pretty cool.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?