Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Comp, Data, Bishop and Lil Jay - "The Mind of a Soldier"
One of the people who does Comp's website e-mailed me recently putting me up on this song (in their words: "What we feel is so unique about the song is that it is non partisan and just expresses the camaraderie of the soldiers and its just a positive spin on the whole situation"), him and some other people from Baltimore kind of doing a 'support our troops' track that ended up being featured on this U.S. Department of Defense website (scroll down about halfway). The hook is sung by a 12-year-old girl named Lil Jay (not to be confused with the 14-year-old boy named Lil Jay who does Baltimore club tracks with Rod Lee). Militant snare roll/dramatic harpsichord combination reminds me of "Mighy D-Block", Comp on the hook and a decent serious verse, "my face painted black, I'm over in Iraq, they speakin' foreign so I judge 'em on the way they act, I'm with my entourage, we wearin' camouflage, and that's a landmine, uh-uh, don't come across, I remember when I first signed up, little skinny ass _____, now my chest real buff".

Sonny Graham - "I'm Here"
"Homey I put my life in it/you gotta feel me/I'm tryin' to be filthy, not tryna be guilty, I roll the dice on this one, I'm here, that's it, son", kinda hot song from a new Baltimore kid. But really really biting Dipset's sound, he even flows like Juelz. Gotta be the biggest Dip rider that doesn't have a blog.

Labels:


Comments:
"Biggest dip rider that doesn't have a blog."

Hah! Comedy!

-e
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?