Wednesday, May 11, 2005

David Banner - "Play"
The "Wait" haters are gonna be even more pissed when they find out that DJ Smurf has a whole movement of 'intimate club music' on the way, and that their quasi-conscious golden boy Banner is jumping on the bandwagon. If you've already got beef with that stuff, then you're better off just skipping this one. Oh my god, though, those synth squeaks.

Ebony Eyez - "In Ya Face"
The new girl from the Track Boyz, on that J-Kwon/Petey Pablo soundtrack single too but she only does the hook on that, so this is where you find out if she can really flow. Female MCs coming out first with a song about their ass or whatever is usually not a great sign of their skills but she's got serious flow, especially on the first verse. Been out for a minute but hasn't really blown up like it could yet. It's got that weird high birdcall sound they used on Comp's "Strip Down" and a "Tipsy"-style hook where they say a line, then whisper it, then say another line, then whisper it.

Remy Ma f/ Swizz Beatz - "Whuteva"
"See hip hop needs me, the beats is Swizz, the girl is sick, and please believe that I'm a starter", Swizz back to doing beats for everyone in New York like it's 1999 with his new improved sample-driven approach. Cartoony strings and obnoxious hook and Remy interpolating Biggie's "Nasty Boy" on the last verse.


Comments:
New Remy AND new Banner? I musta been good.
 
hey al, hate to break it to you but this song is wayyy less offensive-as-assaultive than the Yang tracks. It's all about the woman's sexual satisfaction! Thanks for posting it, between this and the other tracks I've heard I can't wait for the new Banner album.
 
yeah, I realize it's not really as potentially offensive as YYT, I was just bracing for people to tell me I'm a bad person for enjoying it again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?