Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ying Yang Twins - "Pull My Hair"
People will probably call foul on them making a formula out of the surprise success anti-formula of "Wait", but fuck it, they can keep doing as many of these as they want. Another super-minimal DJ Smurf/Mr. Collipark/Beat-In-Azz (he needs to pick one name and stick with it, they don't even refer to him by the same name(s) in the 2 articles about him and Ying Yang in the current Source) production, metronome click and amazing pixelated bass textures. Instead of whispering, this time both of them talking in the lowest, calmest voice they can manage. Pushing the X-rated shit even further, "I'm walkin' over to you with the rubber/(moan) yo ass in trouble", girl screaming "fuck me daddy, spank me daddy" on the chorus.

Young City - "Lil Daddy"
Chopper from Da Band under his even more generic official name, solo under the Bad Boy South banner now, coming next after Boyz N Da Hood, hanging out in the last 8Ball & MJG video, Diddy on hypeman ad libs. There's a rumor starting to go around that Chopper got Monica pregnant, and these two pages are supposedly their baby registries. Their real names and her hometown and everything. Poor C Murder. This song has nothing to do with that, the title is just kind of a funny coincidence.

T. Weaponz f/ Pitbull and Notch - "Mira Mira (El 3mix)"
I heard this song from Jeff, who really wants to hype it and get it heard, and I like it too so I'll throw a little hype on it. I love the xylophone-ish sound that kind of stutters and falls into weird clunky triplets over the beat.


Comments:
man you know i love ying yang but that new joint is even worse than the wait/whisper one, i dont think radio is even gon fuck with this, what the fuck is with them bein all bout 'maturity' in interviews and shit but droppin retarded songs like this? that is not even sexy!! at least akinyele was funny
 
I'd be surprised if they actually think this one is gonna get on radio like "Wait" did, I mean they had to edit that one to hell just to get spins on it and this one would be unintelligible as a radio edit. I don't think it's sexy either, but if rappers are gonna do sex jams no matter what, I'll take over the top explicit over neutered "Candy Shop" metaphors any day. I really just like this one for the sick bass sound, and I dunno how quickly I'll get tired of that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?