Monday, December 13, 2004

If you haven't yet, vote in the poll by midnight this Wednesday! And feel free to plug it on your own blogs/message boards/what have you, the bigger and more varied the turnout, the better. Here's my ballot:

Albums:
1. Kanye West - The College Dropout
2. Trick Daddy - Thug Matrimony: Married To The Streets
3. Nas - Street's Disciple
4. Cam'ron - Purple Haze
5. Twista - Kamikaze
6. T.I. - Urban Legend
7. Comp - Bang-A-Rang Gang, Vol. 1
8. Bossman - Charm City's King, Vol. 2
9. Paula Campbell - Who Got Next?
10. various artists - The Movement Mixtape, Vol. 2

Singles
1. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
2. T.I. - "Rubber Band Man"
3. Terror Squad - "Lean Back"
4. Lloyd Banks f/ 50 Cent - "On Fire"
5. J-Kwon - "Hood Hop"
6. Young Gunz f/ Rell - "No Better Love"
7. Juvenile f/ Soulja Slim - "Slow Motion"
8. Wacko, Skip and Juvenile - "Nolia Clap"
9. Twista - "Overnight Celebrity"
10. Anthony Hamilton - "Charlene"
11. Jadakiss f/ Anthony Hamilton - "Why"
12. Mannie Fresh - "Real Big"
13. Nelly - "Na-Nana-Na"
14. Lloyd - "Hey Young Girl"
15. Paula Campbell - "Take You Home"
16. Comp - "Harder"
17. Ghostface f/ Jadakiss and Comp - "Run"
18. Beanie Sigel f/ Peedi Crakk and Twista - "I Gotta Have It"
19. Lil Whyte - "I Sho Will"
20. Fabolous - "Breathe"

I really didn't buy many albums this year, so I ended up filling out my 10 with some Baltimore mixtapes, because I'd rather rep my city than all the mediocre albums I copped (Fab, Kweli, Cee-Lo, Jada) or some random various artist mixtapes like Southern Smoke or something. And I feel kinda lame including so much 4th quarter stuff, but there's just been a lot more recent releases that lived up to/exceeded my expectations than there were earlier in the year.


Comments:
I'm glad you voted for No Better Love, that was one of the better tracks released this year and I was sure no one else was gonna vote for it.
Surprised you liked the Twista album that much, I thought it was pretty average on the whole and sometimes I fell asleep.
 
yeah, Kamikaze's not that strong overall, but it's got joints, man. And I don't think Twista gets enough props for his lyrics, probably because it's all about the flow and the words go by so fast and he rarely stops and milks the good lines and makes sure you catch them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?