Thursday, September 30, 2004

3 of my favorite tracks on Kiss Of Death, which all happen to be in a row on tracks 10-12:

"Real Hip Hop" f/ Sheek Louch
"Two-thirds of the L-O, where the X at?" I kind of resent the fact that 5 years after his inescapable commercial peak Swizz Beatz is suddenly a way better and more versatile producer than his monochromatic early hits let on he could be. Maybe it's because he started sampling more or he got some new gear, I dunno, but I like a lot more of what he does lately, especially this, Curtis Mayfield sample with spiraling strings, and his voice sounds awesome on the hook, where all he does is yell "how y'all doin' out there? how y'all doin' out there? THE HOOD'S HOT! THE HOOD'S HOT!", which really sounds like some kind of hypeman intro but works surprisingly well as a chorus. Sheek's half of the last verse is the best, goofy lines like "you need a gimmick, go run around the block with Puff / get a black phone, rent some of Jigga's stuff".

"Shoot Outs" f/ Styles P.
Big boomy dramatic kind of beat with metal guitars that I usually hate but this is good, Kiss and P. going back and forth finishing each other's rhymes "We Gonna Make It"-style, (I always wonder how they write like that, if they actually write alternating lines or if just one of them writes most of it).

"Still Feel Me"
The 2 reasons that the last couple years I came around from disliking Jada for a long time to kinda feeling him these days are (1) those silly lines on "Knock Yourself Out" and the "Family Affair" rmx where he talks about "doing my dance" give me this great mental image of this big fat black gangsta who's just GOTTA DANCE, his boys think it's kind of embarrassing and play the wall, but he doesn't give a fuck, he stays on the floor all night yelling requests, and (2) all his insecure vulnerable stuff like it really hurts him in his heart that he's not in everyone's top 5, that his first LP didn't go platinum and he didn't even recoup on the budget, and anyway this song is a great crystallization of (2), just kind of talking to himself over a mellow synthy Alchemist beat like the one he did on God's Son, no hook, and after the one long verse is over it just slowly winds down into silence.

I was gonna do my 3 least favorite tracks too, but it was all easy target shit, the Mariah/Scott Storch one (which Josh tried to convince me is great but I'm not seeing it), the one where Pharrell says "you can stink up the room with that big old ass", the one where Jada tries to sing the hook with his horrible constipated voice and it should be endearing or funny but it's just annoying.


Comments:
Hey have a great day, I'll be back to see yours again too. :)
 
San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love car audio show then you will want to be there! All kinds of car audio show will be in attendance. For more information go to car audio show
See Ya There!!
 
While reading this I was reminded of toyota sienna you should stop by.
 
Great Blog! I also have a site about brittle cheesecake
. You can check it out at brittle cheesecake



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder
 
Great Blog! I also have a site about Chocolate Syrup
. You can check it out at Chocolate Syrup


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder
 
Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!
 
If you like dog fence you may very well like this site dog fence
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?