Thursday, June 17, 2004

Erick Sermon f/ Sean Paul and Sy Scott

The hook is chopped up from the intro to "Like Glue" kinda like those tracks he did with the Marvin samples, and it's got one of those 'wacky caption' videos, even shamelessly recycling a couple jokes from that Roots video from fucking '96. But there are some hilariously blunt captions that say stuff like "Sean Paul will not appear due to politics" and "insert Sean Paul here", so E-Dub gets points for honesty.

Ludacris - "Diamond In The Back"

Damn, how many so-so singles can dude spin off of one album? I love that line about blowing on Nintendo cartridges, though, that takes me back...back to this past weekend when I was sitting in hotel room in Chicago playing Gameboy and the Lock'n'Chase cartridge was acting up.

Jagged Edge - "What's It Like (Jermaine Dupri remix)"

With the original version of this, plus "Walked Outta Heaven" and that Bow Wow single, JE have been on a great run of beautifully sad songs that make me want to cry like a little bitch. "Where The Party At" notwithstanding, ballads are really their strong suit. So of course JD had to go and ruin it with a horribly ill-fitting faux-'old school' remix with Run DMC drums and all that shit. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not a hater, Jermaine doin' his thing. I have to admit I cooled on that "Freek-A-Leek" remix when I realized he's just bragging about Janet on his verse, which is kind of creepy.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?